Happy Wednesday everyone!! I just returned from Cali after five days of blissful and memorable time spent with the family, and I already miss them terribly =(. Back to reality I go.
However, our homecomings are always special as our needy child showers us with hugs and sloppy kisses.
Missed you too, lil’ stinker =)
Oh and during the trip, I found out that Leanne nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award! I am so extremely flattered! Leanne inspires and motivates me and many others with her tremendous strength, courage, and determination as evidenced by her incredible life story. She’s also genuine, witty, humorous, and just a down right lovely lady. Therefore, this nomination coming from her means a lot to me. So thank you, Leanne!
So here’s my 7 random facts…
1. I am extremely indecisive when it comes to ordering at restaurants. The hubby and I only eat out at most twice a week, so everything on the menu screams out to me hoping that I will choose it. More often than not, this is what I do – I decide on an entrée, but when the waiter comes and takes the order, I end up changing it to something completely different! I honestly don’t know what possesses me to do this, but I do!! Unfortunately, most of the time, I’m left disappointed and wondering what my first choice would’ve tasted like. Nothing really gets under the hubby’s skin, but he sure gets aggravated when I do this bc I start picking at his plate. My husband does NOT share food! (shout out to Joey from friends).
For some unexplainable reason, his food always looks yummier! While Tim’s working on trying to make me stick with my gut instinct, I’m working on teaching him that sharing is caring =).
2. I was born in Korean and moved to Texas in the fourth grade. I feel fortunate bc I came at an age when my brain was like a sponge. I learned English fairly quickly while at the same time being able to hold onto my native language. Korean is spoken at home with my parents, and I still keep up with a lot of Korean dramas and T.V shows (so addicting!). The art of Konglish (the mixing of Korean and English) has also been perfected over the years. In my head, I process thoughts and do calculations in Korean, but my output’s always in English. I’ve done it all my life so I didn’t think this was unusual, but the hubby thinks this is fascinating and cool. I don’t see it.
3. I had so much fun planning for my wedding that I convinced myself that my calling in life was to become a wedding planner! Well, as you can see, that’s not the case anymore. I’m on the road to becoming a RD…yes, yes, yes, I can be quite fickle, but this one is for real! Well, for the time being anyway, wink wink. Nevertheless, I can say that I am a certified wedding planner =).
4. Hopefuly there are more of you guys out there who are in the same boat as me, but I cannot, for the life of me, wink, whistle, blow bubbles with my gum, or do any of those cool tricks that everyone seems to be able to do! What’s wrong with me?!? I wanna be cool too!
5. I am clueless when it comes to recognizing idioms. I remember the time when my friend said “knock on wood” and began to actually knock on the desk. I couldn’t help but look at her like she had lost her mind! Or another good one that my friends get a kick out of was when my college professor assigned a reading and instructed us through an email to “put our two cents in.” Since I took it literally, I thought he was crazy. I asked my roommate if she knew where I was to put my pennies in, and she looked at me dumbfounded at first and of course laughed hysterically in my face. As you can see, I have had many humiliating moments such as these that I shall never forget. So thanks, idioms. Thanks a lot!
6. My first three toes are exactly the same in length, and the last two are slightly shorter, which makes all my toes appear to be the same size when you look at them from afar. Oh, but at least I’m not alone in this =). I actually didn’t notice that my mom’s, sister’s, and brother’s toes are the same way until the hubby, who was tickled by this phenomenon, pointed them out. I swear that man is way too observant for his own good! In any case, we call it the “sausage” toes as they are all short and chubby. You be the judge…
7. I wash my hands religiously. Yes, I am a germaphobe, and thus, we have a very special bond, the hand soap and I.
I have mastered the art of proper hand washing technique. Do you sing the happy birthday song twice in your head while washing your hands lie it’s recommended? Do you know anybody for that matter? Well, now you do – this girl! I sometimes sing it three times if I feel like my hands are in deep need of some extra lovin’. I drive my hubby crazy with this habit, as he has to wait on me, and for his sanity, I’m working on scaling this down to only one go ’round of the happy birthday song.
Now, my choices for the Lovely Blog Award go to (drumroll)…
1. Leanne from Healthful Pursuit. She never fails to amaze me with her mouth-watering, creative, and healthful recipes. She speaks words of wisdom and her positive outlook on life is infectious! Reading about her yoga vacation in India inspired me to go on one myself soon.
2. Ellie from Fit for the Soul. I absolutely adore and admire her! She loves the Lord with all her heart, and I am in awe of how selfless and compassionate she is! I also love following her journey as a newlywed =).
3. Michelle from Better with Berries. Certainly, my days are better with Michelle! She’s just a bundle of cuteness, and she always manages to put a smile on my face. She’s the type of gal I’d like to drink tea and talk with all day long =). I also love that we are on this journey together to becoming a RD! Let’s do this!!
4. Natalie from Fresh Life Findings. When I need a pick-me-up, I def turn to her vibrant, fun-loving, uplifting spirit! I also love the concept of her blog and am always on the lookout for her cool, unique finds =).
5. Maura from My Healthy ‘Ohana. She is such a sweetheart! Her kindness and warmth just exudes in her blog. And her daughter! She’s so freakin’ adorable!!! I can’t wait for the arrival of her second baby =). What an exciting time for her and her family.
They are all such lovely ladies, and they are some of the big reasons why I have come to love blogging so much. As a new blogger, all this feels really overwhelming at times, but this loving and encouraging community really keeps me going. So thank you!